Tuesday, 13 November 2007

Lidl Meade Telescope offer

Sorry for delay in reporting further on the excellent offer in Lidl of the Meade LXD75 150mm (6") Newtonian on Equatorial mount with GoTo: a situation outside my control! But I have now assembled the 'scope on the mount etc, and it looks good. It's a very sturdy mount, and would easily hold a larger telescope - a 200mm (8"), or even a short tube 250mm (10"). Everything is very well made & moves very smoothly, & clamps tightly & unclamps freely. It will take 2" or 1.25" eyepieces. Though the box says otherwise, it even comes complete with 8 D-Cell batteries.. But I have not had a chance to test the GoTo yet. The instructions for that are quite complicated, though clear enough. But I suppose it's a bit late now - I'm sure they are all sold by now!

No comments: